The Three Dimensions of Health and Well Being
Received Date: Jan 17, 2017 / Accepted Date: Feb 02, 2018 / Published Date: Feb 05, 2018
When discussing the meaning of ‘measuring health’, it is important to understand what health means. Therefore, according to World Health Organisation, WHO (1948), “Health can be defined as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease and infirmity” . This definition indicates that it is really important to know the overall individual’s current health and wellbeing status by considering all three dimensions of health that is physical, mental and social health. When focusing on the importance of measuring health from a public health and health promotion point of view, it is important to highlight the definition of public health. “Public health is the science and art of promoting and protection health and well-being, preventing ill-health and prolonging life through the organized efforts of society . Therefore, measuring and understanding the health of individuals is very important, as it helps to keep people healthy and live longer, preventing and curing the disease by identifying and introducing the best intervention program which will work for the specific person.
Physical health can be defined as the proper functioning of all the external and internal parts and organs of the person’s body which allows the person to perform the daily tasks normally without any limitation . Good mental health means a person should be able to understand the potential, can manage the general and normal life stresses, can be able to participate in the society, and can be able to work effectively . Well-being can be explained as a positive feeling which a person experiences in the absence of ill health. It is connected with the accomplishment of an individual’s own goals and by achieving these goals, the individual feels well and good . Social health can be defined as how the person is able to interact with people for example friends, family and society. When a person is socially healthy, it helps him or her to develop relationships with other people and to make new friends in society. It also helps the people in career and enable them to live independently in their adult life [6-24].
- World Health Organisation (2006)北京家具行业呈现三大趋势：换挡转型打品牌
- The UK’s Faculty of Public Health (2010) What is public health.
- Normalbreathing.com (2001) Physical health definition and simple body oxygeb DIY test.
- World Health Organisation (2017)上海市新建商品住宅销售面积连续2个月下滑
- Naidoo J, Wills J (2016) Foundations for health promotion, (4th edn) London.
- The Den (2000) Friends and relationships.
- Firth L (2010) Smoking and health. Cambridge: Independence.
- GOV.UK (2016) The eat well guide.
- GOV.UK (2011)发改委：城乡二元的土地制度是影响中国实现城乡融合发展的重要制度
- Get Berkshire active (2017)楼市进入“严打模式” 2018调控下半场怎么走
- GOV.UK (2017)安徽前七月商品房销售面积增4成 待售面积减少
- GOV.UK (2013)5月浙江二手住宅价格同比环比全面上涨
- Helpguide.org (2017)北京楼市：量升价格稳 投机属性低 市场健康
- Mental health foundation (2017)建材市场涂料产品鱼龙混杂 品牌涂料靠不住
- Mind (2013)证监会再发IPO预披露 广东松发陶瓷拟上交所上市
- NHS Choice (2016) Stop smoking treatments.
- NHS Choices (2017) How to deal with stress.
- NHS Choices (2015)内地最新鬼城指数地图发布 盘点中国著名9大鬼城
- National heart, lung and blood institute (2000)天津去年商品房销售额近翻倍房价涨幅明显趋缓
- Public Health England (2015)珠三角小微企业融资调查：没有房产抵押也不再寸步难行
- Public Health England (2016) NHS population screening explained.
- Slough clinical commissioning group (2016) Locality profile.
- Warwick (2015)步入发展快车道， 长三角一体化有何新期待？
Citation: Khan R, Qureshi MSH (2018) The Three Dimensions of Health and Well Being. J Community Med Health Educ 8: 586. DOI: 10.4172/2161-0711.1000586
Copyright: © 2018 Khan R, et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Mila Kunis placed second on the list, followed by Kate Upton, pop star Rihanna and Emma Stone.
Share This Article
To start with, a year before the first iPhone was released, LG had introduced a full touchscreen phone. Even that was not the first, though. The world's first touchscreen phone was IBM's Simon, which was released in 1992. And touchscreen technology even predates the Simon. The first touchscreen device was a tablet made by E.A. Johnson in 1965 that was used by air traffic controllers until 1995. Bent Stumpe and Frank Beck made the first capacitive touchscreen in the early '70s. Unlike Johnson's tablet, it could not be pressed with the fingers. Instead, it required a stylus. In 1971, Samuel Hurst developed the first resistive touchscreen, which he called the "elograph." It responded to the fingers as well as a stylus. In 1985, HP invented the world's first touchscreen computer, called the HP-150. In 1993, Apple also released its first touchscreen device—the Newton Personal Digital Assistant. The product was a flop, recording low sales.London, UK
- Total views: 13913
- Breakdown by view type
- HTML page views: 13581
- PDF downloads: 332